Like to chat with folks in East Timor while on vacation trip? Or just want to find out the essential everyday key phrases in Portuguese.
No matter what your reasons are we have displayed info on Portuguese combined with some basic Portuguese words listed below. Click on the links on this webpage to learn about Portuguese language.
Languages Spoken in East Timor
The people of East Timor speak Tetum and Portuguese. The primary national and official language of East Timor is Portuguese. Portuguese is a Romance language and placed 6th based on number of native speakers of 210 million.
We have released a collection of common Portuguese tourist language phrases or words, that a visitor could use to get by in East Timor. We strongly recommend you master them from Portuguese common phrases website.
Tips For Learning Portuguese Language
- Conversation and much more conversation in Portuguese - The trick to learn Portuguese is hours and hours of conversation with folks who speaks Portuguese much better than you. An hour or so of conversation (with corrections and Portuguese dictionary for reference) is as good as five hours in a Portuguese educational setting and 10 hours with a Portuguese language course all by yourself.
- Studying Portuguese language for three or four hours on a daily basis for two weeks is far more useful for learning Portuguese than learning one hour daily for three months. It is no surprise that a great many Portuguese learners who take language classes in school and hardly ever remember it in the long run. The key to learn the Portuguese is intensity of of study.
- Start with the One hundred most commonly used Portuguese words and phrases and then try to make sentences with them. Learn adequate Portuguese grammar so that you can do this as well as do it till you feel really comfortable with all of them.
- Continue practicing these sentence in your head. The additional benefit from for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Portuguese whilst going about your day and never speaking to any one.
- Carry a pocket Portuguese dictionary or an English-Portuguese dictionary app on your smartphone.
- Figure out the Portuguese pronunciation patterns.
- Start using Portuguese audio and online courses for the first 100 phrases and basic grammar in Portuguese language.
- Following the first 100 words in Portuguese, concentrate on becoming conversational. Studies have shown that the most common 100 phrases in Portuguese language account for 50% of most spoken communication. The most common 1,000 words and phrases count for 80% of all spoken communication.
- “How do you say X?” in Portuguese is the most important sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and then use it often.
What do I require to study Portuguese language?
- Portuguese language courses are offered as conventional language courses, audio tutorials and online classes. The traditional Portuguese courses are made up of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Portuguese grammer and exercises. Typically they are available either in CDs or MP3s.
These types of courses are intended for complete beginners or individuals with only little understanding of the Portuguese language.
One of the leading vendors these Portuguese language courses is Linguaphone who also have courses for more than One hundred languages and include all audio courses, explorer courses for those who would like to understand the basics, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other company of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a wide variety of languages.
- Portuguese Audio Courses is frequently made of CDs or MP3s with modest printed material. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to comprehend and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses offers you genuine pronunciation in Portuguese and a achievable level of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be obtained on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Every one of these courses usually consist of dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Portuguese.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language present you with a wide variety of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you wish to find further information regarding visiting East Timor from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, please make sure to click the applicable web links below:
Please express your experiences with the Timorese Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Whether you are getting a visa for travelling to East Timor or notarizing paperwork or merely just looking to talk to someone at the Timorese embassy in Kuala Lumpur. Let us know by just submitting it right here.
Please Remember: Your comments are going to be seen by the public, because of this don’t include confidential details.