Need to talk with people in Thailand while you’re on vacation trip? Or perhaps need to know the essential everyday key phrases in Thai.
What ever your reasons are we have detailed info on Thai along with some basic Thai key phrases below. Select the links on this webpage to find out about Thai language.
Languages Spoken in Thailand
The people of Thailand speak Thai. The main national and official language of Thailand is Thai. Thai is a Tai-Kadai language and placed 35th based upon the amount of native speakers of 46 million.
We have released a selection of regular Thai tourist language keyword phrases or words, that a visitor can make use of to manage in Thailand. We strongly recommend you master them from Thai words and phrases web site.
Advice For Studying Thai Language
- Conversation and more conversation in Thai - The trick to master Thai is countless hours of conversation with individuals who speaks Thai a lot better than you. An hour or so of talking (with corrections and Thai dictionary for reference) is as effective as 5 hours in a Thai classroom and 10 hours with a Thai language course on your own.
- Studying Thai language for three or four hours on a daily basis for two weeks is much more valuable for mastering Thai than learning 1 hour each day for three months. It is no miracle a large number of Thai students taking language lessons in class and hardly ever remember it over the years. The key to learn the Thai is intensity of of study.
- Begin with the 100 most everyday Thai words and phrases and attempt to come up with sentences using them. Master adequate Thai grammar to be able to do that and do it till you feel really confident with all of them.
- Keep practising these sentence in your mind. Another use for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Thai while going about your day and not conversing with anyone.
- Carry a pocket Thai dictionary or an English-Thai dictionary app on your smartphone.
- Work out the Thai pronunciation patterns.
- Make use of Thai audio and online courses for the first 100 words and basic grammar in Thai language.
- Following the first 100 words in Thai, focus on starting to be conversational. Research indicates that the most common 100 words and phrases in Thai language count for 50% of all the spoken conversation. The most common 1,000 words and phrases count for 80% of all spoken communication.
- “How do you say X?” in Thai is a vital sentence you can possibly learn. Master it early and employ it often.
What do I require to study Thai language?
- Thai language courses can be found as conventional language courses, audio tutorials and online courses. The traditional Thai courses are composed of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Thai grammer and exercises. Regularly they are offered either in CDs or MP3s.
These types of courses are designed for complete newbies or people who have only minimum knowledge of the Thai language.
One of the main vendors these Thai language courses is Linguaphone who also have courses for more than 100 languages and include all audio courses, explorer courses for individuals who would like to learn the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other company of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they offer a number of languages.
- Thai Audio Courses is normally made of CDs or MP3s with limited printed content. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to comprehend and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses gives you genuine pronunciation in Thai and a acceptable level of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be obtained on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Each of these courses generally consist of dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Thai.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language provide a wide array of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you wish to get more details about visiting Thailand from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, please select the related links here:
Please talk about your own viewpoints with the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Whether you are obtaining a visa for traveling to Thailand or notarizing paperwork or merely just planning to talk with someone at the Thai embassy in Kuala Lumpur. Contact us by simply submitting it on this site.
Please Remember: Your remarks are going to be viewed by the general public, for this reason you should never include confidential details.