Like to talk to people in Cyprus while you are on vacation trip? Or just would like to know the essential everyday key phrases in Greek.
Whatever your motives are we have displayed information about Greek together with some common Greek key phrases here. Click on the links on this webpage to understand Greek language.
Languages Spoken in Cyprus
The people of Cyprus speak Greek and Turkish. The primary national and official language of Cyprus is Greek. Greek is a Indo-European language and placed 52nd based on the amount of native speakers of 15 million.
We’ve released a selection of typical Greek tourist language phrases or words, that any visitor can use to manage in Cyprus. We strongly recommend you learn them from Greek basic phrases internet site.
Advice For Learning Greek Language
- Conversation and much more conversation in Greek - The trick to learn Greek is countless hours of conversation with people who talks Greek better than you. An hour or so of talking (with corrections and Greek dictionary for reference) is as good as 5 hours in a Greek classroom and 10 hours with a Greek language training course by yourself.
- Studying Greek language for three or four hours each day for two weeks is much more valuable for learning Greek than learning 1 hour each day for three months. It is no wonder a large number of Greek students who take language classes in school and hardly ever remember it in the long term. The secret to learn the Greek is intensity of of study.
- Start with the 100 most commonly used Greek phrases and then try to create sentences using them. Learn adequate Greek grammar so that you can do that as well as do it until you feel relatively confident with all of them.
- Keep repeating these sentence in your mind. Another benefit from for your dictionary is you can practice these sentences in Greek whilst going about your day and not speaking to anyone.
- Take a pocket Greek dictionary or an English-Greek dictionary app on your mobile phone.
- Figure out the Greek pronunciation patterns.
- Start using Greek audio and online courses for the first 100 words and phrases and basic grammar in Greek language.
- After the first 100 phrases in Greek, concentrate on starting to be conversational. Research has shown that the most common 100 words and phrases in Greek language account for 50% of all spoken communication. The most common 1,000 phrases count for 80% of all spoken communication.
- “How do you say X?” in Greek is the most important sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and employ it often.
What do I need to learn Greek language?
- Greek language courses are available as traditional language classes, audio programs and online classes. The traditional Greek courses are composed of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Greek grammer and exercises. Typically they are available either in CDs or MP3s.
Most of these courses are intended for complete beginners or people who have only little understanding of the Greek language.
One of the main suppliers these Greek language courses is Linguaphone who also provide courses for in excess of One hundred languages and consist of all audio courses, explorer courses for those who would like to study the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other provider of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a number of languages.
- Greek Audio Courses is generally made of CDs or MP3s with limited printed material. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to understand and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses offers you authentic pronunciation in Greek and a achievable amount of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be found on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Each of these courses generally contain dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Greek.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language provide a wide variety of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you desire to get more details about visiting Cyprus from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, please make sure to choose the related links below:
Please share your encounters with the Cypriot Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Whether you’re getting a visa for traveling to Cyprus or notarizing documents or simply just trying to chat to someone at the Cypriot visa office in Kuala Lumpur. Tell us by simply submitting it on this page.
Please Remember: Your comments are going to be seen by the general public, because of this you should never include confidential information.