Like to speak to people in Burundi while you’re on holiday trip? Or maybe need to know the essential daily phrases in Kirundi.
No matter what your motives are we have displayed information about Kirundi together with some basic Kirundi key phrases here. Choose the links on this web page to understand Kirundi language.
Languages Spoken in Burundi
The people of Burundi speak Kirundi and French. The main national and official language of Burundi is Kirundi. Kirundi is a Bantu language and ranked 111th based on number of native speakers of 4.9 million.
We have created a selection of common Kirundi holiday language keyword phrases or words, that a visitor can make use of to get by in Burundi. We recommend you learn them from Kirundi every day phrases website.
Advice For Studying Kirundi Language
- Conversation and more conversation in Kirundi - The trick to master Kirundi is hours and hours of conversation with people who talks Kirundi much better than you. An hour or so of talking (with corrections and Kirundi dictionary for reference) is as effective as 5 hours in a Kirundi educational setting and 10 hours with a Kirundi language course by yourself.
- Studying Kirundi language for three or four hours on a daily basis for two weeks is far more useful for learning Kirundi than studying 1 hour each day for three months. It is no wonder that numerous Kirundi learners who take language courses in class and never remember it over the years. The secret to master the Kirundi is intensity of of study.
- Start off with the 100 most commonly used Kirundi words and phrases and then try to create sentences with them. Master sufficient Kirundi grammar so that you can do that as well as do it till you feel relatively confident with all of them.
- Continue practising these sentence in your head. The other usage for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Kirundi whilst going about your day and not speaking with any one.
- Take a pocket Kirundi dictionary or an English-Kirundi dictionary app on your smartphone.
- Work out the Kirundi pronunciation patterns.
- Use Kirundi audio and online courses for the first 100 phrases and basic grammar in Kirundi language.
- After the first 100 words in Kirundi, concentrate on becoming conversational. Research shows that the most commonly used 100 words in Kirundi language account for 50% of most spoken communication. The most common 1,000 words and phrases account for 80% of all spoken communication.
- “How do you say X?” in Kirundi is an essential sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and employ it often.
What do I need to learn Kirundi language?
- Kirundi language courses can be found as conventional language classes, audio courses and online classes. The traditional Kirundi courses are comprised of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Kirundi grammer and exercises. Normally they are available either in CDs or MP3s.
Many of these courses are ideal for complete newbies or people who have only little knowledge of the Kirundi language.
One of the main suppliers these Kirundi language courses is Linguaphone who also have courses for in excess of One hundred languages and contain all audio courses, explorer courses for individuals who just want to learn the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other company of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they offer a wide range of languages.
- Kirundi Audio Courses is often made of CDs or MP3s with limited printed material. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to learn and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses gives you authentic pronunciation in Kirundi and a manageable amount of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning are available on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Every one of these courses often contain dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Kirundi.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language offer a wide range of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you’d like to find more info regarding going to Burundi from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, please make sure to go through the appropriate links below:
Please share your own opinions with the Burundian Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Whether you are applying for a visa for traveling to Burundi or notarizing documents or merely just seeking to talk with someone at the Burundian visa office in Kuala Lumpur. Tell us by simply submitting it on this page.
Please Remember: Your comments are going to be seen by the general public, therefore don’t include confidential information.